Where I've Been on My Bike

This is an interactive map. Click on the placemarks for more information. You can also zoom in and out.

** Texas and Oklahoma segment is on a separate map, accessible here. **

KEY
green: points of interest
blue: where I've stayed
red: segments on train
yellow: segments by car

The Final Leg: New Mexico to Idaho

Trans-Asian Odyssey

KEY
yellow: arrived by plane
green:
arrived by land vehicle (car, bus, mashrutka)

blue: arrived by boat
red: arrived by train

Central American Wanderings

KEY
green: points of interest
blue: where I've stayed
yellow: SHI job sites

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Return to Central America

I just spent three weeks helping lead a service project with FUCOHSO and St. Mark's Episcopal Church of Washington in Trinidad, Honduras. We built played with kids, danced to ranchera music in the mountains, made tree nurseries, and built chicken coops and wood-saving stoves. We also abstained from bathing for almost a week, due to water supply problems (meanwhile we were pummeled by tropical storms outside).


Then, a whirlwind 8-day tour of my haunts in Guatemala with my friend Ian. We could now both compete with Kobayashi in any poorly-conceived eating competition. Tomorrow we take off for Utah on our bikes. Wish us luck.

No comments: